CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 12, 2011

An Ode to a Wonderful Woman on her Birthday

T'was like it was just yesterday that we first met,
How our eyes passed each other not knowing yet,
What the future held for us in the many years to come.
Barely did we know but from God our hearts were revealed
To have an insight, a foresight, a vision of a love that so healed
A longing of wanting to have and to hold from days of old. 
As we lived in His love we learned how to grow
With our hearts apart yet so much did it show
How we took His Service to another level above and not below.
We found a space and a cause not just in the Divine
But we fought for it and now 'tis yours and mine.
A love I cherish because of one being
Whose love in return that is becoming
So much a part of me that I cannot whine
Anymore of a lost self but with one look I learned how to shine.
Beyond my rocky paths I dared not go,
But with your love I always found ways to show,
Harder than I've tried, than I ever did before,
Our friendship has brought me to places I had yet to explore
Thank you so much babe that I never knew
You would be the one who would be so ever young at heart so ever new
That as we faced life free spirited together our love grew even deeper
Not just in ourselves or for the others but also in our Lord and Redeemer
People will not always see the trials and struggles we have within
But with you by my side we together can and always will win
We cannot give up just yet or even at all
When the Father gave us a love and a strength that is tall
Taller and wider than the world will ever know
This I will always love you so much, so so.
As ins and as outs it will always be, 
But your birthday always has brought me indescribable glee 
To thank God for the one I will always love
Next to Jesus Christ our Savior,our Master and Maker up above.     
So I say Happy Happy Birthday Mary Ann
And surely you can trust that I will always be your man.

The Corny King






0 comments:

Post a Comment